Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Progress

I have finished the planning stage for my house for the most part, except for some furniture that I will need to fill in the rest of the house. The final floor plan design that I think I am happy with (after quite a few ideas) will be a one story, one bedroom house with more of an open plan design.
I have actually begun (after many hours of classroom learning sessions) to create the structure of the house in 3ds Max. The exterior and interior walls as well as the floor of the house and the roof have been made. All I really need to do now structurally is put in holes in the right places for the doors and windows. I will be trying to have as many larger windows as possible, so when I put in a lighting system, the house will have a nice amount of light shining in (using a sun system).
Also, I have found out that it will be a lot less time consuming to create the objects in separate files, to work on only one object at a time. This is so that the program will run faster. When I have finished an object, I can merge the file into the house file, then obviously adjust and tweak it to fit into place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment