Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

I did it.

Apologies for the later blog post, but I have finished the modelling for all of the objects for my house, they have also been textured. The most difficult objects to texture included the walls, and elements of the television stand.
The walls (well, the external ones) were difficult to texture because if I textured the walls with bricks, the internal walls would also show bricks as their texture. I learnt that you can set an ‘id’ for each face of the model and add a multi/sub object texture to it. This basically means that you can add many different textures to one object, on different sides of it.
However, this still did not work as I would apply a set of textures to the walls and whilst one texture would work with the size, or mapping I had on it, another side of it wouldn’t as it had a different texture.
So in the end I had to completely detach in the inner walls from the outer walls, and just apply separate texture maps to them.
Now all I need to worry about is the lighting, and I’m good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment