Pages

Monday 20 February 2012

Delving in to the world of 3D modelling

Today at college, we got taught how to use the basic primary sort of interface within 3ds Max, a program to create 3D CGI models, and animations. I have to say, upon opening up the program it all felt a little daunting. This wasn't just because it was a new program, and that I was alien to it, it was because I had never seen a program with this many tools and options. It was a complex web of things I didn't even know existed.

However with the help of my lecturer and trusty laptop, I managed to gain a very basic understanding of the program and proceeded to build this table type object. But as my lecturer put it, 'We have only scratched the surface of this program.'



For my next assignment with this particular lecturer, it will be based around 3D architecture using the program. So in the coming weeks, I will be learning more and more about 3ds Max, scary yet unbelievably exciting.

1 comment: